One of the secrets to maintaining health and vitality as you age is ensuring hormones remain at optimum levels and properly balanced.
Lower hormonal levels result in a gradual deterioration of all organs including your skin. But the reality is, we lose the majority of our hormones during our 40′s and 50′s; therefore we are living many years without the benefits these essential chemicals provide, unless we undergo some form of hormone therapy.
Restoring these hormones using bioidentical hormones through a properly supervised bioidentical hormone replacement therapy program can help offset some of the changes associated with aging, improving our quality of life.
There is a delicate balance between all the bioidentical hormones that need to be maintained for bioidentical hormone therapy to be safe. We are all genetically very different and so are our hormone therapy requirements. At Age Management Institute’s wellness boutique, we are committed to the well being of our clients. We believe in effectively measuring levels and ratios of existing and prescribed bioidentical hormones for the health, safety and satisfaction of every guest.
To best suit the needs of our clients, we offer two levels of care:
Basic Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- For patients referred by a naturopath, currently undergoing biodentical hormone replacement therapy and not experiencing optimal results, or those involved with an integrated wellness program.
Comprehensive Wellness Program and Complete Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Bioidentical hormone therapy is most effective when embedded within an integrated wellness program of dietary modification and nutrient supplementation. For clients seeking to optimize their results, we strongly recommend the Comprehensive Health Management Program.
- Upon reserving your treatment time, you will receive a requisition form authorizing some medical tests and blood work to be completed prior to your visit
- Your medical history and medications will be discussed in addition to a review of the test results screening for estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, testosterone and thyroid function
- Based on your medical test results, prescriptions for bioidentical hormones will be presented
- Due to the intricacy of establishing the proper hormone balance for each individual, follow up appointments are required at three months, six months and twelve months
Complete Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy at Calgary Age Management Institute
- Review of your medical history
- Nutritional counselling regarding diet and detoxification
- Targeted, complete physical including biochemistry profile
- Complimentary individualized diet cleanse kit
- Complimentary meal plan including delicious, easy recipes
- Complimentary one month supply of basic neutraceuticals
- Blood work request form and requisitions for any other special testing
- Lifestyle changes, exercise and suggested reading will be discussed
In preparation for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), weight loss might be required. We have found proper preparation of the body is a vital step in order to achieve long-term weight loss, successful bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and improvement of brain function.
Proper testing is also strongly recommended to determine adrenal function, thyroid function, possible early cardiovascular changes and body composition.
Testing included in the program:
- Heart Rate Variability Testing
- Digital Pulse Wave Analysis
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA)
- Dr. Lizette Lourens reviews your results and formalizes a customized treatment plan
- Test results will be thoroughly explained and metabolic correction options will be discussed; further testing may be requested
- Appropriate prescriptions will be determined and presented, factoring in any medical conditions present and medications used
- The use of neutraceuticals will be thoroughly explained
- If bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is required, monitoring will be scheduled for six weeks, three months, six months and one year
- While on the program we require that you use pharmaceutical grade supplements; we will recommend appropriate brands that are available at our office, on the web and select pharmacies
- Ongoing coaching and guidance from Connie Armstrong, Medical Client Liaison
- The Blood Sugar Solution – Dr. Mark Hyman
- Perfect 10 Diet – Dr. Michael Aziz
- The Hormone Diet – Dr. Natasha Turner
- Testosterone for Life – Dr. Abraham Morgentaler
- Testosterone Syndrome – Dr. Eugene Shippen
- I’m Too Young For This – Suzanne Somers